Fixed Term - COVID-19 Clinician - Registered Nurses and Paramedics
Keen to utilise your nursing skills in another way?
- Support New Zealanders virtually through teletriage, phone based work - be a part of the COVID-19 response
- Work in our Auckland or Christchurch Call Centre
- Flexible shifts ranging from 7am - Midnight over a 7 day period
As a Clinician, you'll be offering essential health and well-being support and advice to people right across Aotearoa. You'll join a dynamic and specialist team, working rostered shifts. Shifts range from 7am until Midnight, where our demand is greatest. Be it 8 hour, 10 hour, or 12 hour shifts, there's something for everyone!
Pokohiwi ki Pokohiwi – Stand shoulder to shoulder with all who use our services, and with their communities, whānau, and health providers – to connect them with care seamlessly when they need it.
- Providing triage assessment to acutely unwell service users and making appropriate recommendations for further care in relation to COVID-19.
- Educating and answering health information queries.
- Working collaboratively with other health professionals, making referrals to on-call doctors, mental health services, and health providers among others.
- Following our clinical guidelines and using decision support software.
- Complying with nursing codes of conduct and best practice, whilst working within ethical, legislative and organisational frameworks including patient confidentiality, privacy and individual needs.
- Accurately recording caller information in our database.
We are looking for:
- Registered Nurses with a current practising certificate or Paramedics
- NZRGON, Dip.CpN or BHS Nursing
- Background in general nursing with 3 years' post-registration experience
- 3 years minimum experience in primary care, acute care or triage assessment
- Previous experience in a COVID-19 related role preferable
- Applicants who can work a varied roster pattern, covering times of peak demand at evenings, weekends and public holidays - so flexibility is a must!
Your Personal attributes
- Great listening and communication skills
- Confidence to work with technology, tools, and resources
- Focus on outcomes, planning, and service delivery
- Cultural sensitivity
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including - Healthline, Need to Talk 1737, Quitline, Alcohol and Drug Helpline, Gambling Helpline and a range of Health and Mental Health after-hours services. Homecare Medical also manages the National Cervical Screening Register and the National Bowel Screening Register.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team.
Homecare Medical celebrates the success of our staff and is continually looking for ways to strengthen and improve our service. You can also look forward to:
- Being part of a growing and well respected national organisation
- A superb culture that celebrates success