- Are you experienced in providing trauma informed care?
- Do you want to support Kiwis who are struggling and provide phone-based professional, confidential counselling services?
- Work from home or from one of our Call Centres (Auckland/Wellington/Christchurch)
How Puāwaitanga works
Puāwaitanga means to blossom, to flourish, to break through and is a phone and web-based service to support Kiwis to improve their emotional well-being – their hauora.
- Referrer identifies someone in need and refers them to Puāwaitanga
- At the initial appointment, the counsellor listens to the client and helps them work out a progress plan
- Clients can speak to counsellors about any issues, some of which might be low mood, anxiety, grief, addictions, relationship issues and low self-esteem
- Over the course of the programme (typically 3-6 sessions) the counsellor and client work together to improve the well-being of the client
- After their sessions, the counsellor may refer the client on to further services or the client’s clinical team to continue supporting them
- Completed qualification in a relevant field and full registration with a professional body (e.g. DAPAANZ, NZAC, or similar)
- 5+ years’ experience working in Mental Health, Addictions, Counselling or Face to Face therapy
- The ability to speak Te Reo, or other languages would be highly advantageous (to a degree of fluency sufficient to hold sessions with clients)
- Understanding of Mental Health needs of Maori and Pacifica communities in NZ
- Flexibility to commit to 20 hours a week for client sessions, occurring between , 9 am – 9 pm Monday- Sunday
- Experienced in delivering therapy using Acceptance Commitment Thearapy and/or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including - Healthline, Need to Talk 1737, Quit line, Alcohol and Drug Helpline, Gambling Helpline and a range of Health and Mental Health after-hours services. Homecare Medical also manages the National Cervical Screening Register and the National Bowel Screening Register.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team.
Homecare Medical celebrates the success of our staff and is continually looking for way to strengthen and improve our service. You can also look forward to:
- Being part of a growing and well respected national organisation
- A superb culture that celebrates success
The position closes 19 July 2020