- Work-from-home and Call Centre options available
- Strong focus on professional development with external supervision provided
- Hourly rate, including Penal rates and benefits
About the Role
This role is dynamic and diverse and will see you working as a part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary team. You will provide support with grief, anxiety, distress or mental wellbeing, and addiction as part of our free service – which is available anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our busiest times are evenings and weekends, so you will work rostered shifts to provide 24/7 support. More specifically your role will involve:
- Counselling, assessment, intervention and support planning, referrals and crisis management
- Accurately recording client information using new technology, tools and resources
- Overnight Shifts will be required
- Utilising different channels including phone, email, SMS and online chat
- Participating in continuous improvement of quality and service developments
- Ensuring ethical, culturally sensitive service delivery for all users
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field e.g. counselling, addictions, psychology, psychotherapy, social work
- Current Registration with a relevant professional body (DAAPANZ, NZAC) - ESSENTIAL
- Proven experience with coaching and supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to quickly build rapport
- Flexibility to work a 24/7 roster (penal rates apply)
- Fluency in Te Reo or Pasifika languages is desirable (not essential)
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including - Healthline, Need to Talk 1737, Quitline, Alcohol and Drug Helpline, Gambling Helpline and a range of Health and Mental Health after-hours services. Homecare Medical also manages the National Cervical Screening Register and the National Bowel Screening Register.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team.