The National Coordination Centre for the National Bowel Screening Programme is seeking an energetic and effective person to work as part of its team in the role of Service Delivery Manager from our offices based in Wellington
There are currently ten District Health Boards delivering the National Bowel Screening Programme across New Zealand, with a further twelve to come on board. A new national database is being built, with processes and systems being reviewed, and we have a growing team supporting this work
This role will be responsible for:
- Ensuring service objectives are met and reported on
- Delivering a consistent, quality service whilst adhering to best practice standards in services, technology and documentation
- Monitoring and reporting on register activities, and financials
- Providing strong quality leadership and management to a diverse group of people
- Managing projects - working to deadlines and outcomes, and delivering a good product on time
- Building and maintaining internal and external relationships which encourage engagement with a National Screening Programme
- Supporting and upholding relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Tertiary Qualification in either Health or Business
- Previous experience working within the Health sector within New Zealand (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience working as a manager and leading projects
- Minimum of 8 years work experience of which 3 was within a management role
Your passion for healthcare and for improving health outcomes for all New Zealanders will be accompanied by a focus on ensuring the service is delivered in a respectful, caring and culturally sensitive manner.
We are looking for someone who:
- Leads from the back – a person who will instinctively ‘sweep the sheds’ as part of their leadership style and can demonstrate that they work up, down and across the floor
- Has the ability to work within, and create new systems and processes that deliver and achieve equity for Maori and Pacific people
- Is a hard worker, with attention to detail and a passion for excellence
- Has a "can do" attitude
- Enjoys and accepts clear and direct leadership
- Has a great sense of humour.
Homecare Medical manages the National Cervical Screening Register and the National Bowel Screening Register. We are also a leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including - Healthline, Need to Talk 1737, Quitline, Alcohol and Drug Helpline, Gambling Helpline and a range of Health and Mental Health after-hours services.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder)
We celebrate the success of our staff and continually aim higher.
Position closes 20th July 2020
If you are seeking a role where you are part of a dynamic multi-cultural team, enjoy working with processes and systems and challenging these to see how we can achieve more, and want to work with a team that lives, breathes and delivers on equity targets then this could be the role for you.