- Are you experienced in providing trauma informed care?
- Do you want to support Kiwis who are struggling and provide phone-based professional, confidential counselling services?
- Work from home or private practice, with the ability to provide flexible hours and supplementing your existing client base
How Puāwaitanga works
Puāwaitanga means to blossom, to flourish, to break through and is a phone and web-based service to support Kiwis to improve their emotional well-being – their hauora.
Referrer identifies someone in need and refers them to Puāwaitanga
- At the initial appointment, the counsellor listens to the client and helps them work out a progress plan
- Clients can speak to counsellors about any issues, some of which might be low mood, anxiety, grief, addictions, relationship issues and low self-esteem
- Over the course of the programme (typically 3-6 sessions) the counsellor and client work together to improve the well-being of the client
- After their sessions, the counsellor may refer the client on to further services or the client’s clinical team to continue supporting them
- Completed qualification in a relevant field and full registration with a professional body (e.g. DAPAANZ, NZAC, or similar)
- 5+ years’ experience working in Mental Health, Addictions, Counselling or Face to Face therapy
- The ability to speak Te Reo, Samoan, Tongan would be highly advantageous (to a degree of fluency sufficient to hold sessions with clients)
- Understanding of mental health needs of Maori and Pacifica communities in NZ
- Flexibility to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week client sessions, occurring between 9 am – 9 pm / Monday to Sunday
- Experience or a qualification in Trauma Care an absolute must
Homecare Medical is a leading New Zealand healthcare organisation providing Telehealth services across Aotearoa. It’s a fresh, connected approach to healthcare that's already helped over half a million New Zealanders in less than a year.
As a part of our well respected national organisation, you will be supported with strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable, supportive management team. Homecare Medical celebrates the success of our staff and is continually looking for way to strengthen and improve our service. You can also look forward to:
- Being part of a growing and well respected national organisation
- A superb culture that celebrates success
- Professional development opportunities.
If you're ready for a challenge and want to improve the lives of New Zealanders in need, this could be the perfect role for you. We'd love to hear from you, so please send us your application online.