Opportunities for our June / July intake
Keen to utilise your nursing skills in another way?
- Support New Zealanders virtually through teletriage, phone based work – either in one of our call centres or working from home.
- Permanent contract - full time and part-time options available
Primarily evenings and weekends
As a Teletriage Nurse, you'll be offering essential health and well-being support and advice to people right across Aotearoa. You'll join a dynamic and specialist team, working rostered shifts 24/7. Our fixed rosters cover evenings, nights and weekends where our demand is greatest. Be it 8 hours, 11 hours, split shifts or overnights, there's something for everyone!
Pokohiwi ki Pokohiwi – Stand shoulder to shoulder with all who use our services, and with their communities, whānau, and health providers – to connect them with care seamlessly when they need it.
- Providing triage assessment to acutely unwell service users and making appropriate recommendations for further care.
- Educating and answering health information queries.
- Working collaboratively with other health professionals, making referrals to on-call doctors, mental health services, and health providers among others.
- Following our clinical guidelines and using decision support software.
- Complying with nursing codes of conduct and best practice, whilst working within ethical, legislative and organisational frameworks including patient confidentiality, privacy and individual needs.
- Accurately recording caller information in our database.
We are looking for:
- Registered Nurses with a current practising certificate
- NZRGON, Dip.CpN or BHS Nursing
- Background in general nursing with 3 years' post-registration experience
- 3 years minimum experience in primary care, acute care or triage assessment
- Applicants who can work a varied roster pattern, covering times of peak demand at evenings, weekends and public holidays - so flexibility is a must!
Your Personal attributes
- Great listening and communication skills
- Confidence to work with technology, tools, and resources
- Focus on outcomes, planning, and service delivery
- Cultural sensitivity
As a part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported with strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable, supportive management team.
If the idea of a role where you can positively impact the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders appeals, we would love to hear from you. We have positions available in Wellington or Christchurch for full time staff, although we will consider part-time, options at 0.6 or 0.8 FTE should that meet our roster needs.
If successful, you’ll participate in a blended two week learning programme; including 1 day classroom training on site at one of our call centres, with the remainder delivered online with sessions led by a clinical coach, as well as self-guided modules in our learning management system.
If you're ready for a challenge and want to improve the lives and well-being of New Zealanders, we'd love to hear from you. Please send us your application online today via our careers website https://careers.homecaremedical.co.nz/jobs