- Safe to talk helpline – Korero mai ka ora
- Work-from-home and Call Centre options available
- Attractive hourly rate, including Penal rates and benefits
- Ongoing learning, clinical coaching and supervision
We need compassionate Mental Health professionals with experience in Trauma and Sexual Harm to provide confidential support to Kiwis in need.
About the role:
You will use your existing experience in Trauma and Sexual Harm to provide crucial support, care and advice to people who contact the Safe to talk service. Safe to talk operates 24/7 and our peak times are evenings and weekends. Many of our Counsellors work-from-home, but we also have centres in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
Virtual environments suit people who thrive on dynamic and busy workloads and enjoy multi-tasking. Your role will include:
- Counselling, intervention and support planning, referrals, risk identification and crisis management
- Being trauma informed. Understand the immediate and cumulative impacts of trauma that result from sexual harm
- Knowledge and understanding of Māori models of care
- Utilising difference channels including phone, email, SMS and online chat
- Relevant qualification in Counselling, Addictions, Psychology, Nursing, Psychotherapy, Social Work or similar
- Current Registration with a professional body (such as DAAPAANZ or NZAC)
- Excellent time management, sound clinical judgement and tech savvy
- Ability to manage stressful situations effectively
- Flexible and available to work across a 24/7 roster (penal rates apply)
- Fluency in Te Reo or Pasifika languages is desirable (not essential)
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand’s virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines– Safe to Talk, Need to talk 1737, Alcohol & Drug Helpline – to provide 24/7 support online and over the phone.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team.
If you're ready to have a positive impact on the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders, we would love to hear from you!