- Leadership role that influences emerging Mental Health & Addiction Advisors
- Ongoing learning, clinical coaching and supervision
- Work-from-home and Call Centre options available
- Attractive hourly rate, including Penal rates and benefits
About the Role
This role is dynamic and diverse and will see you working as a part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary team. You will provide support with grief, anxiety, distress or mental wellbeing, and addiction as part of our free service – which is available anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our busiest times are evenings and weekends, so you will work rostered shifts to provide 24/7 support. More specifically your role will involve:
- Counselling, assessment, intervention and support planning, referrals, risk identification and crisis management
- Utilising difference channels including phone, email, SMS and online chat
- Supporting staff with de-briefs, group supervision and coaching
- Undertaking shift supervision duties on a weekly roster
- Accurately recording client information using various IT systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field e.g. counselling, addictions, psychology, psychotherapy, social work
- Current Registration with a relevant professional body (DAAPANZ, NZAC)
- Proven experience with coaching and supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to quickly build rapport
- Flexibility to work a 24/7 roster (penal rates apply)
- Fluency in Te Reo or Pasifika languages is desirable (not essential)
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand’s virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines– Need to talk 1737, Alcohol & Drug Helpline, Gambling Helpline – to provide 24/7 support online and over the phone.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team.
If you are ready to have a positive impact on the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders, we would love to hear from you!