- Leadership role which impacts and influences emerging Mental Health & Addiction Advisors
- Work-from-home with a National focus, utilising cutting edge technology
Strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand’s virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including - Need to Talk 1737, Alcohol & Drug Helpline, Gambling Helpline, The Journal and a range of Mental Health after-hours services. We do so to deliver 24/7 support online and over the phone. Its a fresh, connected approach to healthcare. We need compassionate Mental Health professionals to support those people who really need it, when they need it.
About the Role
The Mental Health and Addictions Professional role is both dynamic and diverse and will see you working as a part of a collaborative 24/7 shift team, supporting a range of essential services as part of the National Telehealth Service.
We operate a 24/7 service and our busiest times are evenings and weekends, when clinics are closed. In this role, you will work rostered shifts to provide 24/7 support and you may be rostered to cover these times regularly. Flexibility is a key requirement in order to be considered for this role.
More specifically your role will involve:
- Counselling, assessment, intervention and support planning, advice, referrals, risk identification and crisis management for complex and frequent Mental Health and Addictions callers
- Utilising your counselling skills through difference channels including phone, email, SMS and online chat
- Supporting staff with de-briefs, group supervision and coaching
- Undertaking shift supervision duties on a weekly roster, and having oversight of the services and call flows
- Accurately recording client information using various IT systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field e.g. counselling, addictions, psychology, psychotherapy, social work
- Registration with a relevant professional body (DAAPANZ, NZAC)
- Ideally two years experience in Telehealth or similar role
- Proven experience with coaching and supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to quickly build rapport
- Flexibility to work a 24/7 roster (penal rates apply)
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team. We celebrate the success of our staff and continually aim higher in delivery our service.
Positions are available in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch and work on a 24/7 roster to ensure that Kiwis have support when they need it.
If the idea of a role where you can positively impact the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders appeals, we would love to hear from you.