- Provide essential counselling support to a wide range of clients across Aotearoa
- Strong focus on professional development including Group Supervision sessions
- Work from our purpose-built offices in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand’s virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including - Need to Talk 1737, Alcohol & Drug Helpline, Gambling Helpline, The Journal and a range of Mental Health after-hours services. We do so to deliver 24/7 support online and over the phone. It's a fresh, connected approach to health care with a passion for bringing our best that helps one in six New Zealanders. We need compassionate Mental Health counsellors to support those people who really need it, when they need it.
About the Role
The Mental Health and Addictions Advisor role is dynamic and will see you working within a collaborative 24/7 shift team, supporting a range of essential services as part of the National Telehealth Service.
We operate a 24/7 service and our busiest times are evenings and weekends, when clinics are closed. In this role, you will work rostered shifts to provide 24/7 support and you may be rostered to cover these times regularly. Flexibility is a key requirement in order to be considered for this role.
More specifically your role will involve:
- Counselling, assessment, intervention and support planning, referrals and risk/crisis management for complex and frequent Mental Health and Addictions callers
- Utilising your counselling skills through different channels including phone, email, SMS and online chat
- Participating in continuous improvement of quality and service developments
- Ensuring ethical, culturally sensitive service delivery for all users
- Accurately and confidently recording client information using new technology, tools and resources
- Previous experience working in Mental Health and/or Addictions counselling
- Telehealth experience or face to face counselling (paid or volunteer) would be ideal
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to quickly build rapport
- Ability to manage high pressure situations and use sound judgement
- Flexible and available to work across a 24/7 roster (penal rates apply)
- Fluent in Te Reo or Pasifika languages is desirable (not essential)
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from our knowledgeable leadership team. We celebrate the success of our staff and continually raise the bar of the services we provide.
Positions are available in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch and work on a 24/7 roster to ensure that Kiwis have support when they need it.
If the idea of a role where you can positively impact the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders appeals, we would love to hear from you!