- Provide essential counselling support to a wide range of clients across Aotearoa
- Attractive hourly rate, including Penal rates and benefits
- Strong focus on professional development including Group Supervision sessions
- Work from our purpose-built offices in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch
About the Role
The Mental Health and Addictions Advisor role is dynamic and will see you working within a collaborative 24/7 shift team, supporting a range of essential services as part of the National Telehealth Service.
More specifically your role will involve:
- Counselling, assessment, intervention and support planning, referrals and crisis management
- Accurately recording client information using new technology, tools and resources
- Utilising different channels including phone, email, SMS and online chat
- Participating in continuous improvement of quality and service developments
- Ensuring ethical, culturally sensitive service delivery for all users
- Previous experience working in Mental Health and/or Addictions counselling
- Ability to manage high pressure situations and use sound judgement
- Telehealth experience or face to face counselling (paid or volunteer) would be ideal
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to quickly build rapport
- Fluency in Te Reo or Pasifika languages is desirable (not essential)
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand’s virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines– Safe to Talk, Need to talk 1737, Alcohol & Drug Helpline – to provide 24/7 support online and over the phone.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team.
If you are ready to have a positive impact on the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders, we would love to hear from you!