We operate in a unique, virtual atmosphere and you'll be at the cutting edge of the growing technological area of nursing.
- Leave behind the physically demanding part of your job.
- Diverse role working with a variety of people across Aotearoa who present a broad range of health issues.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently in an organisation who prides ourselves on an inclusive, quality-focused culture.
As a Teletriage Paramedic, you'll be offering essential health and well-being support and advice to people right across New Zealand. You'll join a dynamic and specialist team, providing support over the phone and online for a range of healthcare services, including Healthline.
We operate a 24/7 service and our busiest times are evenings and weekends, when clinics are closed. In this role, you will work rostered shifts to provide 24/7 support and you may be rostered to cover these times regularly. Flexibility is a key requirement in order to be considered for this role.
More specifically your role will involve:
- Providing triage assessment to acutely unwell service users and making appropriate recommendations for further care.
- Educating and answering health information queries.
- Working collaboratively with other health professionals such as making referrals to on-call doctors, mental health services, and health providers amongst others.
- Following our clinical guidelines and using decision support software.
- Complying with clinical codes of conduct and best practice, whilst working within ethical, legislative and organisational frameworks including patient confidentiality, privacy and individual needs.
- Accurately recording caller information in our database.
To carry out this role effectively, you'll need:
- Compliant with the Australian Paramedic Registration requirements, or
- Successfully completed a BHSc (Paramedicine) or BHSc (Paramedic)
- Current Authority to Practice (ATP) at EMT, or higher with either St
John, Wellington Free Ambulance or established overseas ambulance service
2 years' front-line ambulance experience
- Experience in telehealth is preferable
- Computer, keyboard and typing skills are desirable
Your Personal attributes
- Great listening and communication skills
- Confidence to work with technology, tools, and resources
- Focus on outcomes, planning, and service delivery
- Cultural sensitivity
As a part of our well respected national organisation, you will be supported with strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable, supportive management team. Homecare Medical celebrates the success of our staff and is continually looking for way to strengthen and improve our service. You can also look forward to:
- Being part of a growing and well respected national organisation
- Professional development opportunities.
- A superb inclusive culture that celebrates exceptional service and success
- A supportive and experienced management team
- Working with a strong multi-disciplinary team
If the idea of a role where you can positively impact the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders appeals, we would love to hear from you.
Roles are available based in our Auckland Call Centre or work-from-home, depending on certain criteria.
The training for this role requires two weeks of classroom and job-based training (from Monday to Friday). The training is usually held in Auckland. This is an essential aspect of onboarding for the Teletriage Nurse role, so if successful you would be required to attend.
If the idea of a role where you can positively impact the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders appeals, we would love to hear from you!