Stimulating opportunity to provide essential support to a wide range of clients across Aotearoa.
Office based role with a focus on Night Shifts (10pm - 7am)
No two days are the same in this diverse role which covers a variety of both Mental Health and Addiction Services support.
Strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching.
Homecare Medical is a fast-growing leader in New Zealand’s virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including Gambling Helpline, Need to Talk 1737, Alcohol & Drug Helpline, The Journal and a range of mental Health after-hours services. We do so to deliver 24/7 support through mental health professionals and specialists, online and over the phone. It's a fresh, connected approach to health care that's already helped over half a million New Zealanders in less than a year.
We need compassionate Mental Health professionals to support those people who really need it, when they need it.
Both the Mental Health and Addictions Professional and Advisor roles are dynamic and diverse and will see you working as a part of a collaborative 24/7 shift team, supporting a range of essential services as part of the National Telehealth Service. These critical services include alcohol and drugs, depression and mental health, gambling and counselling.
More specifically your role will involve:
- Mental Health and Addictions support, including assessments, interventions, support planning, advice, referrals, risk identification and crisis management, respecting backgrounds and cultural needs.
- Communicating with Service Users via phone, email, SMS and online chat.
- Developing support plans for frequent and complex callers.
- Supporting staff with de-briefs.
- Undertaking shift supervision duties on a weekly roster, and having oversight of the services and call flows.
- Providing coaching and support to all MHA staff as requested.
- Accurately recording client information using various IT systems.
- Participating in continuous improvement of quality and service developments, always ensuring ethical service delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field is preferable (but not essential) e.g. counselling, addictions, psychology, psychotherapy, social work.
- Two years + experience working in a Mental Health or Addictions role.
- Registration with a relevant professional body is preferrable
Your Personal attributes
- Strong counselling skills and an ability to use sound judgement.
- Experience coaching and supervising.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, including an ability to quickly build rapport.
- The confidence to work with new technology, tools, and resources
- The ability to remain calm and composed in high pressure situations.
- Reliable and detail focused and values rules, guidelines and set procedures.
- Cultural and interpersonal sensitivity and awareness.
As part of our well respected national organisation, you will be supported with strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable, supportive management team. Homecare Medical celebrates the success of our staff and is continually looking for way to strengthen and improve our service.
If the idea of a role where you can positively impact the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders appeals, we would love to hear from you.
Roles available in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.