- Stimulating opportunity to support Kiwis to stay well and connect them seamlessly with care when they need it
No two days are the same in this diverse role which covers a variety of both Mental Health and Addiction Services support.
Strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching.
Homecare Medical is a fast-growing leader in New Zealand’s virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including Gambling Helpline, Need to Talk 1737, Alcohol & Drug Helpline, The Journal and a range of other mental health services. We do so to deliver 24/7 support through mental health professionals and specialists, online and over the phone. It's a fresh, connected approach to health care that's already helped over half a million New Zealanders in less than a year.
We need compassionate Mental Health Advisors to support those people who really need it, when they need it.
The Mental Health and Addictions Advisor role is both dynamic and diverse and will see you working as a part of a collaborative 24/7 shift team, supporting a range of essential services as part of the National Telehealth Service. These critical services include alcohol and drugs, depression and mental health, gambling and counselling.
More specifically your role will involve:
- Mental Health and Addictions support, including assessments, interventions, support planning, advice, referrals, risk identification and crisis management, respecting backgrounds and cultural needs.
- Communicating with Service Users via phone, email, SMS and online chat.
- Developing support plans for frequent and complex callers.
- Accurately recording client information using various IT systems.
- Participating in continuous improvement of quality and service developments, always ensuring ethical service delivery.
- Tertiary qualification in a health-related field is preferable (but not essential).
- Two years + experience working in a Mental Health or Addictions role or health organisation.
- Counselling experience is preferred in order to succeed in this role.
Your Personal attributes
- Strong counselling skills and an ability to use sound judgement.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, including an ability to quickly build rapport.
- The confidence to work with new technology, tools, and resources
- The ability to remain calm and composed in high pressure situations.
- Can confidently manage multiple demands on your time
- Openness to constructive feedback and reflective practice
- Reliable and detail focused and values rules, guidelines and set procedures.
- Cultural and interpersonal sensitivity and awareness.
- Must be prepared to work on a rotating roster, including nights and weekends
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported with strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable, supportive management team. Homecare Medical celebrates the success of our staff and is continually looking for ways to strengthen and improve our service.
If the idea of a role where you can positively impact the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders appeals, we would love to hear from you.
Roles available in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.