Healthline Recruiting - Work From Home Paramedics
Health Services – Auckland Office
- Great opportunity to work from home
- 0.6 / 0.8 FTE
- Paramedics who are passionate about patient care - this is one for you!
- Wherever you live in NZ - contact us to hear more
With the impending registration of paramedics in NZ, Healthline is offering paramedics the opportunity to join its workforce to work alongside its team of nurses and health advisors.
As integral members of the Healthline team, Paramedics will join other dynamic and specialist nurses and health advisors, providing online and tele-service support 24/7 to New Zealanders who require essential help, well-being support and advice. And the role comes with competitive remuneration and penal rates.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Providing phone-based assessments and advice to acutely unwell service users and making appropriate recommendations and action for further care
- Educating callers and answering health information queries
- Working collaboratively with other health professionals; for example, making referrals to on-call doctors, mental health services and other health providers
- To be compliant with the Australian Paramedic Registration requirements, or;
- have successfully completed a BHSc in Paramedicine from the AUT or BHSc (Paramedic) from Whitireia Community Polytechnic or overseas equivalent and;
- have held in the last 3 years, a current Authority to Practice (ATP) at EMT, or higher with either St John, Wellington Free Ambulance or an established overseas ambulance service;
In this role, you will use your extensive clinical experience and be supported by our robust clinical guidelines and clinical support software. This is a unique opportunity to utilise your clinical expertise, education and communication skills, in the evolving area of tele-health.
To carry out this role, you will need
Preferable, two or more years’ experience of frontline ambulance work.
Your personal attributes will need to include:
- Great listening and communication skills;
- Confidence to work with technology tools and resources;
- A focus on outcomes, planning and service delivery;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Part of working at Homecare Medical is leading the way in providing world class digital tele-health services while ‘working from your home’. We offer very competitive remuneration, coupled with penal rates for night shifts and weekends. This role includes variable shift pattern days and hours, enabling you to work from home, and providing greater flexibility around home and family life.
Homecare Medical provides you with computer technology and pays for internet connectivity into your home.
We currently have 0.6-0.8 full time equivalent (FTE) positions available with immediate start. If you would like to understand more about this great opportunity, please contact Nicola Giles firstname.lastname@example.org
Training and ongoing support are key to our continued success. As a member of our national organisation, you will be supported with strong, ongoing learning and development programmes, and guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable, supportive management team. At Homecare Medical, we celebrate the success of our staff and we are continually looking for ways to strengthen and improve our service, with input from our staff. You can also look forward to:
- Being part of a growing and well respected national organisation;
- A superb inclusive culture that celebrates exceptional service and success;
- Working with a strong multi-disciplinary team;
- Professional development opportunities.
If the idea of a role where you can positively impact the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders and use your unique training and skills in the exciting area of telehealth appeals to you, we would love to hear from you. Get in touch today.