The new face of nursing is not just face to face
- Leave behind the physically demanding part of your job.
- Diverse role working with a variety of people across Aotearoa who present a broad range of health issues.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently in an organisation who prides ourselves on an inclusive, quality-focused culture
- You'll receive ongoing training in a unique virtual atmosphere. Things change; new advancements are constantly being made, and here at Homecare Medical, you'll be at the cutting edge in the growing technological area of nursing.
As a Teletriage Nurse, you'll be offering essential health and well-being support and advice to people right across New Zealand. You'll join a dynamic and specialist team, working night shifts to provide support over the phone and online for a range of healthcare services.
We bring together a range of national helplines, including Quitline and Healthline, to deliver 24/7 support through registered nurses and specialists, online and over the phone.
More specifically your role will involve:
- Providing triage assessment to acutely unwell service users and making appropriate recommendations for further care.
- Educating and answering health information queries.
- Working collaboratively with other health professionals such as making referrals to on-call doctors, mental health services, and health providers amongst others.
- Following our clinical guidelines and using decision support software.
- Complying with nursing codes of conduct and best practice, whilst working within ethical, legislative and organisational frameworks including patient confidentiality, privacy and individual needs.
- Accurately recording caller information in our database.
To carry out this role effectively, you'll need:
- To be a Registered Nurse with a current practising certificate
- NZRGON, Dip.CpN or BHS Nursing
- Background in general nursing with 3 years' post-registration experience
- Ideally, two or more years' experience in primary care, acute care or triage assessment
Your Personal attributes
- Great listening and communication skills
- Confidence to work with technology, tools, and resources
- Focus on outcomes, planning, and service delivery
- Cultural sensitivity
As a part of our well respected national organisation, you will be supported with strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable, supportive management team. Homecare Medical celebrates the success of our staff and is continually looking for way to strengthen and improve our service. You can also look forward to:
- Being part of a growing and well respected national organisation
- A superb inclusive culture that celebrates exceptional service and success
- A supportive and experienced management team
- Working with a strong multi-disciplinary team
- Professional development opportunities.
If the idea of a role where you can positively impact the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders appeals, we would love to hear from you.
Roles available in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
Roles are also available in a work from home situation. These positions are only presented if specific criteria is met. If interested, please talk to us further if your location and background enables you to be eligible for a work-from-home role.
If you're ready for a challenge and want to improve the lives and well-being of New Zealanders, this could be the perfect role for you. We'd love to hear from you, so please send us your application online today!