We are looking for energised Advisors to support people across Aotearoa on their Quit Smoking journey.
Use your existing customer service skills to improve the lives and well-being of Kiwi's
Ongoing learning and development programmes, guidance, and coaching
Directly impact people's lives - help them stay alive!
You'll be at the end of the phone for our Quitline service, giving support to people on their stop smoking journey and referring them to external services where needed.
We are a 24/7 service with shifts in the mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends. We are looking for either a full-time or part-time team members to join our awesome roopu of Quit Advisors.
Your mahi will include:
- Being the first line of response to callers who want to quit smoking
- Assessing which programme best fits the individual caller
- Provide strategies for giving up, and checking in via phone, text or email to encourage and support them through their 'stop smoking' journey
- Pokohiwi ki pokohiwi - standing shoulder to shoulder with our callers to ensure they get the right care, which also means utilising the variety of industry and healthcare partners we also stand side-by-side with
- Actively listening and accurately recording caller information in our database
We are looking for people who can build exceptional rapport with diverse groups of people, from all walks of life across Aotearoa. People who have worked in a healthcare or medical field will pick the work up quickly, but that is not mandatory. All training is given.
What is more important are people with a spark, life experience and genuine compassion for the health and well-being of others. To carry out this mahi effectively, you'll need:
- Two years' experience in administration or customer service roles
- Great active listening and communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity - an understanding of Maoritanga and Pacific cultures would be ideal
- A passion for hauora and well being
- Good skill level in Microsoft Office
- A tohu or qualification in the health sector, ideal but not required
Applications from individuals that can korero in Te Reo Maori or a Pacific Language would be beneficial. We also strongly value the lived experiences of applicants.
About us | Ko wai hoki
Whakarongorau Aotearoa (formerly Homecare Medical) are privileged to provide the people of Aotearoa New Zealand with professional, quality advice, support, and information across a range of health and mental health services. We do this 24 hours a day, seven days a week across seven digital channels to virtually support kiwis to stay well and connect them seamlessly with care when they need it. We manage inbound and outbound call centres in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch as well as remote teams across the country.
Our Values | Ō Tātou Uara Our ambition is to virtually support people of Aotearoa New Zealand. Our values underpin all we do, and how we do it.
- Do the right thing | Mahia te mea tika
- Motivated by quality | Hihiri e te kounga
- Passion for better | Ngākau nui ki te pai ake
- Shoulder to Shoulder | Pokohiwi ki Pokohiwi
As a part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported with on-going learning and development programmes, opportunities to apply for permanent or leadership roles and coaching from a knowledgeable, supportive leadership team.
Join our influential learning team at Whakarongorau and make a lasting impact on employees and the community we serve!