- Provide Leadership and direction to a team of MH Nurses
- Develop a high performing team capable of meeting key performance indicators
- Competitive hourly rate
- Independent monthly supervision
- Work from home Monday – Friday office hours
About the role | Atu mo te mahi
We are seeking a People Leader to join our team. You will be welcomed into our Leadership team working alongside a Senior Delivery Manager and two further full time experienced People leaders . We are seeking a motivated, organised, enthusiastic and highly skilled Mental Health Nurse Leader who has experience of managing and leading a large team of Mental Health professionals. The role requires that you have strong relationship skills, flexibility, initiative and sound judgement and knowledge of managing a 24/7 team of MH Nurses.
This includes ensuring team members are providing a high-level quality service to Service Users and their Whanau, working within regulatory codes of conduct and practice, and within ethical, legislative and Whakarongorau Aotearoa’s processes and practices. This is a work from home position working office hours Monday – Friday 8am- 4:30pm. There is an expectation that you will be on -call one week per month for the EMHR service.
- Ensure your team members are adequately coached and trained to deliver the best clinical and customer service. Deal with performance issues proactively so that all team members constantly deliver to or exceed expected results
- Ensure your team is focused on performance across the key performance indicators
- Build and encourage constructive relationships across the organisation and externally with key stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for your team’s understanding of operational and clinical processes which are in place to protect them, Whakarongorau Aotearoa and Service Users
- Undertake on-call Duty Manager duties for clinical support and debriefing escalation on a rotational basis
- Duties of the People Leader – Earlier Mental Health Response role may change from time to time to meet operational or other requirements with mutual consultation and agreement
About you | Pehea koe
Skills and Competence
- Understanding of Tikanga Maori and Pasifika demonstrating and influencing cultural competence /cultural safety in practice
- Confidently able to hold appropriate coaching, behaviour and performance conversations with team members
- Able to navigate, support, follow and lead change management initiatives
- Confident with technology, MS Teams, MS XL. HCC an advantage
- Proven ability to lead process and service delivery improvement
- Confident with driving service performance through managing against daily, weekly and monthly key performance indicators
- Able to support on-going clinical service improvements as well as other business needs
Qualifications and Experience
- New Zealand Registered Nurse with current practising certificate
- 5+ years post registration nursing experience with 2+ years management experience, ideally providing leadership to large teams
- Ideally, experience within a telehealth or health technology organisation
- A background in Acute Mental Health and /or Crisis Team, In-patient unit
About us | Ko wai hoki
Whakarongorau Aotearoa (formerly Homecare Medical) are privileged to provide the people of Aotearoa New Zealand with professional, quality advice, support, and information across a range of health and mental health services. We do this 24 hours a day, seven days a week across seven digital channels to virtually support kiwis to stay well and connect them seamlessly with care when they need it. We manage inbound and outbound call centres in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch as well as remote teams across the country.
Our Values | Ō Tātou Uara Our ambition is to virtually support people of Aotearoa New Zealand. Our values underpin all we do, and how we do it.
- Do the right thing | Mahia te mea tika
- Motivated by quality | Hihiri e te kounga
- Passion for better | Ngākau nui ki te pai ake
- Shoulder to Shoulder | Pokohiwi ki Pokohiwi
As a part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported with on-going learning and development programmes, opportunities to apply for permanent or leadership roles and coaching from a knowledgeable, supportive leadership team.