We are looking for passionate and compassionate Advisors to join the Family and Sexual Harm Team.
Afternoon and evening shifts
Work from home or in office
Stimulating opportunity to support Kiwis to stay well and connect them seamlessly with care when they need it
No two days are the same in this diverse role which covers a variety of Family and Sexual Harm Services support.
Strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching.
Whakarongorau is a fast-growing leader in New Zealand’s virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including Safe to talk, the Shine helpline, Need to Talk 1737, Alcohol & Drug Helpline, The Journal and a range of other mental health services. We do so to deliver 24/7 support through mental health professionals and specialists, online and over the phone. It's a fresh, connected approach to health care that's already helped over half a million New Zealanders in less than a year.
The Family and Sexual Harm Senior Advisor role provides advice and support to consumers and their family/whānau accessing support. The lines are operational 7 days a week, including Public Holidays. You will work 3:30 pm – 12 midnight full time or part time applicants are welcome to apply.
We offer base rates plus additional pay for overnight work:
- Friday 11pm – Monday 7am – base rate plus 0.5
- Public holiday – paid at double base rate
Due to the nature of the role which involves speaking with Service Users around sexual matters or the prevention of violence. Pursuant to Section 27 of the Human Rights Act 1993, we will only consider female applicants.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Domestic violence and Sexual harm support, including assessments, interventions, support planning, advice, referrals, risk identification and crisis management, respecting backgrounds and cultural needs.
- Communicating with Service Users via phone, email, SMS and online chat.
- Developing support plans for frequent and complex callers.
- Provide Service Users support across Family and Sexual Harm Services with a requirement to provide overflow support for 1737 and other Mental Health and Addictions services as directed.
- Participate in quality improvement and service developments and ensure ethical service delivery
- Accurately recording client information using various IT systems.
- 1-2 years studying towards qualification (ideally, completed or working towards bachelor’s degree in relevant field) and/or 3 years work experience in relevant field e.g. counselling, addictions, nursing, psychology, psychotherapy or social work
- Experience of supervision or coaching
- Working towards registration with a relevant body within the Mental Health and Addictions field
- Ideally, six months experience working in Telehealth or similar role, e.g. Helplines / eTherapy/F2F counselling or Therapy
About us | Ko wai hoki
Whakarongorau Aotearoa (formerly Homecare Medical) are privileged to provide the people of Aotearoa New Zealand with professional, quality advice, support, and information across a range of health and mental health services. We do this 24 hours a day, seven days a week across seven digital channels to virtually support kiwis to stay well and connect them seamlessly with care when they need it. We manage inbound and outbound call centres in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch as well as remote teams across the country.
Our Values | Ō Tātou Uara Our ambition is to virtually support people of Aotearoa New Zealand. Our values underpin all we do, and how we do it.
- Do the right thing | Mahia te mea tika
- Motivated by quality | Hihiri e te kounga
- Passion for better | Ngākau nui ki te pai ake
- Shoulder to Shoulder | Pokohiwi ki Pokohiwi